I received this recipe from a great friend who has been a rock in my life through the best and the worst times. Without fail, she has given the shirt off her back (literally sometimes) and taught me many lessons on being introspective and growing as a person.
This recipe is full of healthy fats, has zero grams of sugar (unless you drizzle honey or maple syrup on top) and gives you the satiation of having something sweet without the extra BS that does your body no good. Enjoy!
- water / 2 cups
- unsweetened, shredded coconut / 1 cup
- Chia seeds / 1/3 cup
- vanilla or almond extract / 2 tbsp
- sea salt / 1 tsp
- cinnamon / 2 tbsp
- optional: fruit, honey, maple, stevia / to your liking
1. Bring 2 cups of water to a simmer (not a full boil)
2. Blend shredded coconut and hot water together in blender (be careful that the water is not too hot or the cover may try to come off)
3. Pour all into a glass container
4. Stir in Chia seeds, cinnamon, vanilla, sea salt
5. Add fruit or any sweetener
6. Let sit overnight or at least 5 hours
Drizzle with berries, maple syrup or honey for extra sweetness. But I'm sure you are sweet enough already ;)
Pura Vida | holistic health coaching
Contact me to schedule your free initial consultation and learn how to get started on the road to a healthier you.